Sunday, March 28, 2010

I can't bow low enough...

There's this song by Phil Wickham called "Cielo" - if you've never heard it before I highly suggest that you download it.

Here are the lyrics:

I'm walking through the bright white gates
breathing in and out your grace
all around me melodies rise
that echo with the joy inside
so I start to sing

but I cant sing loud enough
I can't sing loud enough
when I'm singing for You my God
I can't sing loud enough
I can't sing loud enough
when I'm singing for You my God

with a thunder roll and a brilliant light
your glory boasts and the heavens shine
the saints and angels stand in awe
captured by the beauty of it all
so I fall to my knees

but I can't bow low enough
I can't bow low enough
at the vision of You my God
I can't bow low enough
I can't bow low enough
at the vision of You my God

I can't hold it all inside
I'm reaching for the One who brought me out of death and into life

but I can't lift my hands high enough
life my hands high enough
when I'm reaching for You my God
I can't lift my hands high enough
life my hands high enough
when I'm reaching for You my God
oh I'm reaching for You my God

I'm reaching for You
I'm reaching for You
I'm reaching for You my God

This song has been on repeat on my ipod for the last few days.

I can't believe I'm leaving Korr. I'm in straight up denial about it - the thought of never seeing so many people here again makes me want to cry. No...scratch that. I already have cried quite a few times - and I've barely begun saying my goodbyes.

But at the same time, my God is so, so good. He has given me a perfect peace about leaving - I am fully confident that my impending departure is as He's always planned it would be. I haven't always been able to see that, but the Lord is so faithful to provide everything in His own perfect timing.

I could never worship the Lord enough for what He has done in the past 7 months. Never. I could never bow low enough, sing loud enough, or lift my hands high enough to express it. It's just not possible. Yes, He has dragged me through fire on about a million (that's a rough estimate) different levels. Yes, it has not always been easy. But above all else, HE is good. He is worthy of ALL the honor and ALL of the praise. Because I would not be here today without His never-ending love and grace.

He has loved, rebuked, moved, revealed, blessed, and disciplined me. He has removed so much of my pride - pride in my own abilities, pride in my plans, pride in the control I laughingly assume I have over my own life. He's still working on replacing it all with Him. He's created in me a desire to know Him more...more than I ever thought possible.

If you ask any Rendille which is worse: hunger or thirst, they will ALWAYS say thirst. The Rendille are so thirsty for Christ in their lives. Some don't even realize what they're thirsting for is Jesus. But He is moving here and revealing Himself in more ways than anybody dreamed possible.

I want to be thirsty for Christ like that. I want to need Him like I need water. For mere survival. You won't get far out here in the desert without water. And I pray that as I am returning to a nation with more abundance than this world has ever known that I won't forget this valuable lesson learned out here in the desert.

My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.

He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

[Psalm 62:1-2]

1 comment:

  1. Jamie, I've been sitting here trying to find the right words to comment on this post, and I can't.

    I seriously can not BELIEVE your time in Korr is over already. It seems like LAST WEEK that I was sitting in 'your' bedroom, emailing you (way too long) emails about Korr.

    I am SO SO happy that you have had this experience, and that I've gotten to get to know you a little through it. I *SO* want to meet you!!!

    As you get ready to leave this wonderful, wonderful place, I'll be praying for you lots. You are an AMAZING woman, and you have made SUCH a difference in the lives of your kids.

    MUCH love to you, and safari salama as you travel and return home!

    ReplyDelete