Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January 13th




Yeah...these have been my two best friends the past few days.

I'm a sick girl right now.

The irony is not lost on me that I lived in Korr for 3 months without getting sick, managed to not get sick going home for four weeks (talk about a climate change!), and then BAM! 3 days after getting here I'm in bed all day.

I didn't even go to school today! THAT makes me sad. This term I'm getting to teach math (which I LOVE!), AND geography. I hate missing school!

Typically, on Wednesday afternoons we have mentoring time with our students. Each teacher has 3-4 students in their small group that they meet with weekly to pray with and for. The goal was to not only get to know our students better, but to be able to guide them in their walk with the Lord and create opportunities for conversations one-on-one.

But, since I was sick, I couldn't handle the 2 km walk up to school. BUT...

My girls came to the house to surprise me! They wanted to see how their "Madam" was doing. So, I gave them cold water (which two of them so sweetly asked for "warmer" water. Refrigerated water is too cold for them!) and we sat in the living room and laughed at the antics of the two ridiculous cats that live with us. The picture is of Lucy sitting in our rocking chair - they were FASCINATED by how it moved.

"Madam," they asked. "Will it break?"
"No!" I reassured them. "In fact, you can put your feet up on THIS part of it too!"
That was almost too much for them to handle. They ALL wanted pictures of themselves sitting in the rocking chair.

After praying for them, they asked if they could pray for me. Um, yes! This is a BIG deal...we've been meeting once a week since September and every time I ask them if they would like to pray, they always ask me to do it. So the fact that they wanted to pray today...

The Lord is SO good.

3 comments: